Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thyroid Update

So I'm a little behind with a follow up to my post about Tristan's possible hypothyroidism.  What can I say, I've been a little busy lately.  =) 

We saw the pediatric endocronoligist on Monday, Jan 4th.  Jason and I REALLY liked her.  She was very sympathetic to our situation and gave Tristan a very thorough examination.  Basically, we learned that for now, Tristan will stay on the synthetic hormone that he has been taking since he was 2 weeks old.  It is part of our morning routine and Tristan has gotten quite good at taking his medicine.  He will stay on this hormone until at least 3 years of age.  The reason for this is because the hormone the he could possibly be lacking, is very important to cognitive development, especially in the first three years of his life. We will have bloodwork done every two months to test the hormone level and his medicine will be adjusted accordingly if need be.  So for now, we are just enjoying watching our sweet boy grow, and grow he is.  He was 6 weeks old at this doctor's visit and weighed in at 12lbs 8.5 oz.

Tristan is changing so much everyday.  He is starting to smile at certain things now and is getting really good at holding his head up when he's on our shoulder.  He is transitioning into 3-6 month clothes and we had to move up to size 2 diapers this weekend.  It's amazing how much he's changed over the past 2 months.  I can't believe how fast it has gone.

We got Tristan a Bumbo Seat this weekend and I couldn't be more excited.





We still have to help him hold his head up, but it won't be to long before he is sitting up all by himself.  He is so cute when he sits in it--like such a little man.  Well, I'm off to spend some time with my hubby and my sweet baby boy.  Until next time. 

0 comments: