Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's On My Mind

- I'm usually a BIG American Idol fan.  This year just isn't "wow"ing me like the seasons have in the past.  I just find it hard to believe that out of all of the hundreds of thousands of people that auditioned, that these are the BEST they could find.  Most of the contestants are forgettable, so much that I can't even NAME the Top 12.  Sad.

- I'm an even BIGGER LOST fan.  My brother got my hubby and I hooked on the show when he got us Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD for Christmas one year.  Dang him!!  Anywho, this is the last season.  This season has been so hyped up as being "the season of answers"(if you watch the show, you know just how important those answers are).  However, I find myself totally disappointed in this season.  Maybe I expected TOO much going in, but COME ON!!  There are only 9 episodes left and so far, I have been less than impressed.  I guess I expected the last season to stand out about the rest.  I find it being just like any other season.  And they haven't answered hardly any questions at all.  I just hope there planning something big at the end.  I do appreciate getting to see Sawyer without his shirt on though. {wink}

- Tristan has NOT been sleeping well at all during the night.  Everything I've read says that babies his age (he will be 4 months old on Wednesday), should be sleeping for at least a 6-8 hour stretch at night and around 16 total hours a day.  HA!  I'm lucky if my child sleeps 8 hours total in a 24-hour period.  He usually takes a morning nap lasting anywhere from 2-4 hours.  Then he takes a short afternoon nap lasting anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour.  Then he's up until bedtime which these days is anywhere from 11pm to 1am.  Once he's down for the night, he's up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  Then he's up for the day around 5:30am or 6am.  I called the doctor today and we are going to start Tristan on cereal tonight.  I'm hoping beyond hope that this will help his sleeping at night.

- I am SERIOUSLY sleep deprived (see above).  Tristan not sleeping is taking it's toll on me.  Since he is up every hour or so during the night, I'm not getting much sleep, at least not consecutive sleep anyway.  I'm physically tired and even more emotionally tired.  All I want to do during the day is sleep, but that wouldn't be fair to my baby boy, who surprisingly enough, is up and pleasant and ready to play.

- I have a newfound respect for all the single parents in the world.  I honestly don't know how they do it.  I am SO thankful for my hubby right now.  He has been such a help lately, especially during the nighttime hours. He is sleep deprived, as well, but still manages to get up and go to work each and everyday.  What a trooper!

- I really miss my mom at times like these.  I want nothing more than to hear her tell me that things with Tristan will get better....that it's nothing that I'm doing wrong.  I need a hug from her so much right now.

5 comments:

abatha said...

Hey! I could have inserted Nate where Tristan's name is in this post. And it seems like everywhere I turned people were asking, "Does he sleep thru the night yet?" And I felt like I was doing something very wrong! But I wasn't, and you aren't - some babies just have a hard time figuring out the whole sleep thing. One thing that did help us was to schedule an early bed time, like 7:00 and give him a bath right before as a signal. Even if he didn't seem tired, after a while, he "got it" and seemed to sleep better. Hang in there, I'm thinking about you!

CB said...

Hi Jodie, I think cereal can definitely help! Is he a big baby? I remember my son Peyton went through something similar around 4 months and we couldn't figure it out - he was on the bigger side and it turned out that he was just super hungry! We had held off on the cereal beause it's usually suggested at 5 months or so, but our doctor said to give it a try. Once we tried the cereal, he was like a different kid.

Good luck and I'm crossing my fingers that you can get some sleep and soon!

Jamie said...

We also do the early bedtime (8pm) and give her a bath and feed her right before. She has started on cereal, but isn't super crazy about it yet so she's waking up once in the night to eat. I also suggest swaddling. Before we used that, she would wake herself up several times in the night with her hands or arms. Do not feel bad. You aren't doing anything wrong. I have a friend who's son didn't sleep all night until his was 1 year old. Hopefully the cereal will work for you. Mamma's gotta sleep!!! Hang there!!!

Grizzly Bear said...

I fell ya on the american idol thing.. seriously boring.. then the one I did like Alex Lambert.. booted off... stinks.. yep.. I like Siobhan..

My kids never slept through the night LOL.. I know I suck.. I have 4 kids.. 15,14, 4, 1, yep I suck..

Kyiah is one and half and I am still sleep deprived... I tell ya I am doing something wrong LOL.. everyone that I know .. do not have the problems I have had. again I suck LMAO...

Keli said...

I am disappointed in AI too! And don't worry about the sleep. He'll do it when he's ready, things will get better. My little girl still will not sleep through the night! Uggh. Thanks for following. I'm following you too!