Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas and the New Year

Our trip to Charleston for Christmas was definitely a learning experience for Jason and I.  We are still learning that it takes twice as long to get anywhere with a baby.  This trip was no exception.  Christmas Eve morning we were up at 7am thinking we would be on the road by 9am at the latest. HA!  After packing up everything but the kitchen sink, we finally got on the road about 10am and that was after rushing around like crazy people.  It rained the entire trip which did not bode well for two very sleep deprived parents.  Tristan did GREAT on the trip, sleeping the whole way and waking up to eat just once.  On the other hand, for Jason and I it was such a struggle.  Riding in a car makes me sleepy anyway and when you are going on little to no sleep for several weeks PLUS a cloudy rainy day, it makes for a VERY long trip.

This is where Tristan spent most of his time while we were in Charleston.


Tristan had his Grandpa wrapped around his finger the entire trip.  He would sit and hold him for hours.  He even got up with me in the early morning hours and watched the baby so that I could get a few more hours of sleep.  I'm amazed at how my father has taken to Tristan.  He even chaged a poopy diaper while we were there.  Believe me, that's a BIG deal for my dad. 

We have always opened our family presents on Christmas Eve and Santa would come on Christmas morning.  After Ben was born we continued this tradition and would celebrate Ben's birthday on Christmas afternoon.  It was always a crazy 24 hours filled with lots of food, fun, and gifts.  Christmas was always my mom's favorite holiday.  After she died it just hasn't been the same.  It's hard to enjoy a holiday that reminds us all so much of her.  

 

Dad, Ben and Mamaw opening presents Christams Eve

This is a bib that some of Ben's friends got for Tristan.  Ben thinks it's perfect.




Tristan in the Christmas outfit that his Mamaw Vicki got for him.

 

Family Picture - Christmas 2009




Tristan and his Great-Grandmother

We also celebrated Ben's 17th birthday on Christmas Day.  I can't believe my baby brother is 17 years old!!  I still remember the day he was born. 




We had a great long weekend in Charleston visiting with family and friends that we haven't seen in a while, but we were glad to get back home on Sunday. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what 2010 will bring us.  We are hoping for some big things to happen this year, but only time will tell.  In closing, here are a few more pictures from our long weekend in Charleston. 



 

0 comments: