Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One Month Check-up

Tristan’s one month check up was today. Jason and I were very anxious to see just how much he has grown over the last 3 weeks since our first pediatrician visit. Drum roll please…..Tristan is weighing in at 10lbs 8oz and is 21 ½ inches long. WOW!!! We could tell his cheeks had gotten fuller and his clothes were fitting better, but we never imagined he had put on over 2lbs in 3 weeks! Our boy definitely likes to eat.

There is a chance that our little guy suffers from hypothyroidism. We are scheduled to see a pediatric endocrinologist on January 4th for further testing and to learn more about this condition. Right now, Tristan is taking medication just as a precaution because the earlier treatment is started the better. Please keep Tristan in your prayers that everything will work out and he does not suffer from this condition. While it is certainly treatable and he could lead a normal life, I hate to think of him having to be on medication for the rest of his life.

The doctor did confirm that Tristan seems to have his days and nights mixed up. This kid can sleep through anything during the day, but night rolls around when mommy and daddy want to go to bed and he is ready to go. This has really started wearing on Jason and I. I think I've slept about 2 hours in the last 48. I try so hard to sleep during the day when Tristan is napping, but I just can't. I think it's mostly because I feel guilty. Jason gets up and goes to work on little to no sleep everyday and doesn't have the opportunity to nap like I do. I honestly don't know how he does it. I am a complete zombie on no sleep and can barely form a coherent thought.


We are trying something a little different tonight. Tristan has been sleeping in our room up until now. Tonight, he and I are camped out in the nursery while Jason gets some much needed sleep. After Tristan eats, we will switch places and Jason will sit/play (hopefully sleep) in the nursery while I catch a few hours of sleep. Unfortunately, the doctor says there really isn't anything we can do that we aren't already doing. It will just correct itself on it's own...eventually. I hope Jason and I can make it that long.


Jason and I are so luck to have this little boy in our lives. We learn something new about him and ourselves each and everyday. I can't believe it's already been a month. It seems like only yesterday we found out we were pregnant and now here we are with the sweetest little boy on earth. At least we think so........

0 comments: