Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First Bath and Stuff

I remember how much I enjoyed bathtime growing up. I truly was in heaven when I was in the tub. As long as I had my Star Wars figurines to play with I could have stayed in the tub for hours. Some times I did stayed so long that mom would have to come in and add more hot water. We gave Tristan his first "real" bath the other night and boy did he LOVE it!! He was so relaxed as Jason and I washed him and squeezed the warm water down over him, but then who wouldn't be?? I'm glad that he enjoyed himself so much.





My mother in law came to visit for a few days this past weekend and we sure did enjoy having her here. Tristan just adores his Mamaw and I'm pretty sure she's fond of him too! Having Vicki here gave Jason and I a chance to get out and run some errands while she watched Tristan. It was weird for me to be away from him for so long, but I think Jason and I enjoyed some "grown up" time together although I'm pretty sure we talked about Tristan the entire time we were gone.
Today we are heading to the doctor for Tristan's 1 month checkup. I can't believe it's already been a month. We have a lot of questions for the doctor and are looking forward to seeing how much he's grown. I will be sure and post on that later.
We are also heading to Charleston tomorrow for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to going home. I haven't been there since May!! I know my Dad is looking forward to us being there. He usually calls everyday to check on "his boy" as he calls Tristan. He's really coming into this Grandpa role very well. While I'm looking forward to going home, I'm not looking forward to packing. I swear we are going to need a U-haul just to get us all there.
Sounds like Tristan is waking up. Better go and get his bottle ready. He hasn't quite learned the art of patience just yet.

0 comments: