Friday, February 26, 2010

10 Things About......ME

I thought it might be fun to share with you 10 random, or maybe not so random facts about yours truly. 


1.  I am scared to death of thunderstorms. 

No, I'm serious. 

At the slightest sound of thunder my heart kicks into overdrive. I can't sleep.  I don't want to be outside.  I hate 'em.  Growing up in the flat lands of Missouri as a child was no picnic when it came to storms.  We had some doozies.  Enough to scar this girl for life.

2.  I'm an honest to goodness TRUE red-head.

The only coloring I've ever put on my hair were a few highlights here and there.  Never anything to affect or change the overall color.  All my life, I've been told by several hair stylists that people actually pay good money to try and duplicate my hair color.  Too bad I can't bottle this stuff.

3.  I was an only child for 14 years and 8 months.

My younger brother was born on Christmas Day the year before my 15 birthday.  My mom had him right after she turned 41 years young.  He was an accidental surprise.

I was a freshman in high school at the time and remember being SO embarrassed to even think that my parents were still, you know, doing THAT.

He truly was a miracle baby as my mom started having pre-term labor around the 4 month.  He was born 6 weeks early and hasn't slowed down since.  I love him dearly.

4.   After graduating college, I spent two weeks in Belize snorkeling on the 2nd largest coral reef in the world.

All I can say is WOW!! And yes, I would go back in a heart beat.  Some of the most beautiful waters I have ever seen.  I even swam with sharks!!

5.  I HATE to fly.

Actually, it's the taking off and landing parts that I hate, but might as well include the whole package.  I get so nervous before I get on a plane that I almost make myself sick.  I do eventually get on the plane because it really is the fastest way to get some places. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

6.  I dream of being an author.

I would give anything to write a book, or two, or ten.  I have always LOVED to read and have a very vivid imagination.  I grew up coming up with all kinds of stories in my mind.  Now if I can just commit them to paper......

7.  I've been on TV twice.

No autographs please!

8.  Roller Coasters - JUST SAY NO!!

Definitely not for me.  I've given it the old college try and let's just say the outcome was not pretty.  I truly thought I was going to die.  A third of the way through the ride, I begged my hubby to make it stop--like he had any control over it.

9.  I walked down the aisle barefoot at my wedding.

I hate wearing shoes.  I've never worn a pair of high heels in my life.  Put those two together and you get me.  Barefoot.  At my wedding.  I just didn't see the point in buying shoes that a) I had never worn in my life and would therefore b) never wear again.

10.  99.9% of the population's appendix falls on the right side of their body.  Mine is on the left.

I'm told this was discovered when I was very young.  They aren't sure why it happened and it hasn't caused any health issues because of it.  None of my other organs are "backwards"--just my appendix.  Makes me unique.

Whew!  Am I glad that's over.  That was A LOT more difficult than I thought it would be.  But there you have it.  10 unique and quirky facts about....MOI!
  

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Wow, I have never heard of a left-sided appendix. That can be one of those things you could use in a Two lies and a truth type game. No one would believe that was true :)

Unknown said...

TV! Wow girl! What were you on for?

And that's cool about the appendix. I've never thought of something being on the opposite side.

Your hair color is beautiful. LOVE it.

I have a surprise brother, too. We're only 10 years apart although I do have 3 baby sisters adopted from China...over 20 yr diff with each of us, lol.

xo

Cara said...

This was fun to read! I'm fascinated by the appendix thing!