Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Day Extravaganza Day #2

It's the second day of Mama M's Valentine's Day Extravaganza. Yesterday was all about the meeting, today it's all about the dating. Since the hubby and I were best friends before we really went into the boyfriend/girlfriend role, we didn't really go on "dates" like the conventional couple would. My best date story takes place the Valentine's Day 2 months before we got married.

We were attending a marriage conference that weekend. Since the conference was taking place over Valentine's Day weekend, we had free time on Saturday night to have a "date night". Jason and I had made reservations at a really nice restaraunt in town. Things had been pretty hectic for us since we were in the midst of wedding planning, so instead of getting gifts for each other, we opted for a nice quite dinner with each other.

While on our way to the restaraunt, Jason says he needs to stop off at our apartment to pick something up that he had gotten for me. While I was flattered at the idea of a gift, I was feeling a little guilty because I hadn't gotten him anything.

So we pull up and park. He then tells me it will just be easier for me to come in with him and open my gift there rather than taking it with us to the restaraunt. We lived around the back of the apartment building so you couldn't see our door or the stairs leading up to our apartment from the parking lot.

As we walk around the corner, I notice that there are rose petals sprinkled all over the stairs. I'm a little slow, so I still hadn't really caught on to what's going on. I'm pretty sure I made some comment like, "How sweet! Look what someone did for Valentine's Day!" Then we get to our door and I realize it's what HE did for me for Valentine's Day.

We enter our apartment and there are candles everywhere. There is music playing and my favorite bottle of wine chilling on the table. Jason had arranged for a friend that he worked with to come in and cook this AMAZING dinner for us, complete with homemade Tiramisu for dessert. I was completely surprised. Evidently he had been planning this for some time and let me tell you, he pulled it off beautifully. I was completely surprised and it was one of the best nights ever.

Thanks Babe for all your hard work. It was a night that I will never forget.

Now it's your turn. If you want to participate in Mama M's Valentine's Day Extravaganza just click on the snazzy button below that she made just for the occasion.

5 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That is so sweet and romantic.

My hubs tries really hard, but I am the romantic one in this relationship,lol.

Emmy said...

Wow! Very nice! He definitely gets some points for that one :)

Mama M. said...

*goosebumps* Wow! What a man!!!

Tiramisu is the cat's meow, too!!

Dontcha love it, when you man totally knocks your socks off with something wonderfully spectacular?!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

awww how romantic - I love when they really plan

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! A lot of thought and planning definitely went into that night :o)

Blessings & Aloha!