Friday, March 19, 2010

I {Heart} Rice Cereal

You might remember me mentioning here that Tristan has not been sleeping well at all the last couple of weeks.  So last night we decided to start him on rice cereal.

Rice cereal, where have you been all my life??

I don't know how new parents make it without this stuff.

We weren't sure what Tristan would think about it.  I should have known better than to worry.  He is MY child after all, and I've never met a food that I didn't like.



I'm not so sure about this Daddy




Maybe this stuff isn't so bad after all




Keep it coming Daddy...this stuff is good


In fact, Tristan liked it SO much that we couldn't shovel it in feed him fast enough.  We ended up putting the rest in his bottle.  Let's just say if he could have, he would have licked that thing clean.

Tristan slept better last night after having cereal at bedtime than he has in months.  Mommy and Daddy did too!

10 comments:

Mammaw said...

Precious pics of a precious grandchild, who is even more precious when he sleeps! We love you, sweet boy!

Mammaw and Prapaw

*Katy* said...

He's adorable anyway, but I'm sure he was even more adorable last night when he slept longer :)

Gucci Mama said...

Isn't that a beautiful discovery? I remember composing odes to rice cereal when my oldest was a baby. ;)

Java said...

Hello! Love your blog! I remember how rice cereal did the trick for my 4 boys too! Lifesaver!
I found you through Friday follow please feel free to follow me back! Have a great weekend!

CB said...

Yeay! So glad that worked for you! Sweet dreams!

Jenny said...

About a hundred years ago we would give our little ones very liquid rice cereal through their bottles with cross-cut nipples. Ouch.

OK, that last part sounded painful!

I'm glad this worked for you.

He is adorable.

Emmy said...

Yeah!! Hope it keeps working

Heather said...

Rice cereal is the best! They DO sleep so much better when they start having it. Found you on FF (a little late I know!) Following now.

Mrs. Micek said...

Your son is adorable!! Our little ones are around the same age and it's so fun to read your blog. My little girl LOVED her rice cereal until she tasted other foods with more flavor... Just FYI. Now I mix it with a little applesauce which does seem to help! I am loving your cute blog and am your newest follower! :) YAY!

abatha said...

So happy the rice cereal worked for Tristan!